April 9, 2010

Life at work..

    From the philippines i had my training as a singer in one of our promotion site for 3 months, its a japanese karaoke club..place was at Roxas boulevard.. the name of the club is Sweetline. Its the same karaoke like in Japan. Dancers do cultural dances..show-time performs the native dance of filipinos..but there are also modern dances with 2 boys on the back up..Its easy for me to learn the dance too. And sometimes sing in solo. Customers are all japanese. So we had to learn to speak nihonggo. Also had a Dohan and Shime.. But its decent unlike other night clubs where you buy girls for pleasure and satisfaction. Then going with the customer in their hotel room. While in the karaoke club dohan means date over dinner or shopping.. Sometimes customer asked to guide them in touring Manila or out of town in tourist spots place.. Japanese likes and love to have pretty young girls beside them for display and going in the public make it more confident for them, letting other people think that they got a pretty girl with them although there’s really no relationship between them..they just want to boast, especially those on late ages japanese. But then Customers usually come on group..maybe business matters or just having good time.
    Anyway my work at the karaoke was not that difficult, maybe because many customers request for me and i got the highest pay weekly..working in karaoke gets me 30000-50000 pesos monthly including tips from customers. For me its big amount already to provide for my family. My two brothers is going in their college and I’m paying for them..also for my parents i give them allowance and paying all the monthly bills.. i did all the responsibility. And i had my daughter Belle by that time she is just 9 months old when i left to work, because I’m a single mom. Yes, it had been the reason why i had to work and train at the club to earn more money than working at the office straight 9 hrs with very minimum salary of 7000. I cannot survive with that so i decided to work far. Although its really not my field of work, i had try to learn the basic.. Im a fast learner so i had cope with the routine in Karaoke.. I just focus on my goal to help and provide for my family so i can make it no matter how hard it may take. And i had been successful in this field of work. Its pure, clean and fun work. But one thing i hate sometimes when there customers that wants to hold and touch my body when i sit next to them. i disgust that kind of attitude.. i feel like i don’t deserve it. and so i run away and change table.. as much as possible i don’t want to sit with a customer who want to go below the belt. Just talking is easier and it gives me peace.. But our Mama sang asked us to be patient and if the customer wants to play on the table we shouldn’t be alone.. She put two or three girls in one table if the customer is maniac ( sukebe ). Yes i always ask for Mama sang’s help if i had a customer like that. If girls had feel discriminated and being attacked on the table the management would let that customer out and banded from coming in. That kind of customer will not be tolerated at our club.
    After the 3 months training, i go for an audition and i passed it my 2 other co-talents fails. i pity them. they had to go another training and wait for 2 months to audition again..audition is only taken 3x if you failed it there’s no way you can audition again and go to Japan. Audition is hard and tense..if your not prepared don’t try your luck.. you should have confident and always chin up like a true performer. no matter what technical problem occurs the show must go on.. for my audition i sang 2 slow songs and one fast song.. yes its the requirement. i sing “ I honestly love you” by Olivia ~, “Runaway” i forgot the name of the singer, and “ Sometimes” by britney spears. It’s tough! After all the audition had finish and the name of those who passed are called..i felt so nervous and my heart is beating fast..my hands and feet were cold like Im being thrown up by the hill and don’t know where i would land. Until my name was called i could breath easy and i thanked God for it.
    After passing the audition they now process my Visa. Cause it says that the promoter demands for me to go to his club in Japan, Atsugi ASAP. Had been requesting since my training started at the karaoke.. Many promoter lines for me, but our Manager decides to whom will he give our services.. Of course he was bidding for our talent fee. The highest bidder will  have  me. After a month my Talent Visa had arrived.. Soon fly to Japan, Im with 2 other girls but we are designated separately after arriving at Narita airport. When i was alone at the car with the driver i feel unease and nervous, asking my self where will he take me.. Is it a safe place his taking me.. I don’t know much nihonggo and i could hardly speak and understand without hearing an example of the conversation.. so i just sit quite and pray that i wont be in trouble.. Although i feel so sleepy, i stay awake coz i don’t know this man Im with and i don’t know where his taking me.. its taking a long drive. Im bored. But Im really amazed by the road in Japan. Its so clean and no traffic, unlike in the philippines..while riding the car i had the chance to look around and see the beautiful bridges and buildings.. Japan is really a class country. Very progressive indeed. I was mesmerized by the beautiful views of light, soon it will be night. We arrived at Atsugi by 9 p.m... First the driver take me to my promoter and his club..name of the club is Manila Garden.. its not so big maybe 1/3 of the size in sweetline. but many customers too. After meeting with the boss (sachou) and my promoter they asked the driver to take me home at the girls apartment and rest for tonight.. Tomorrow i will start my work here at my new club! Hope the other girls would be friendly enough to welcome me. that’s all for now...until next chapter!

God bless you all!
Have a nice day...c",)

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to post your comment and ideas here about my blog, i will reply it gladly 🤗

Japan life

First of all I would like to apologized for not updating my blog in this website. Been busy this past year 2021 along with this pandemic and...